Welcome back to B&C! I’ve been getting a lot of questions recently about what I eat in a day and what my diet is like. So, in today’s post I am going to break down each meal I make (almost!) every day.
I have been a vegetarian for almost 6 years! It started when my mom was in remission from breast cancer and she wanted to eat healthier. She mentioned wanting to try a vegetarian diet and I thought it was silly- you need meat! I told her that I would support her in her new diet wasn’t interested in trying it, but Chuck was actually the one who decided to go vegetarian for a month to support my mom.
Chuck raved about the vegetarian diet and how much energy he had on a daily basis. He was so convincing that I decided to try it for a week- and loved it! One week turned into a month which turned into 6 years.
I did take a break from being a vegetarian in early 2017 for about two months, but I felt horrible. My run time went down, I felt sluggish, and I made the decision to go back to vegetarian for good!
In fact, over the past year I have transitioned to cooking vegan 80% of the time and eating vegetarian the other 20%.
My diet is mostly plant based and I try and eat as many fruits and vegetables as possible.
I am not advocating for a vegetarian or vegan diet, but I have found over the years that this is the diet that works best for me!
Every morning I made a vegan protein shake. I’m not selective on the brand I use! I put 10 oz of water, two scoops of the protein, and then I put a tablespoon of almond butter and shake! I love getting this protein first thing in the morning and find that it fills me up until lunch!
I also have a banana or some type of fruit with my shake.
For lunch I have a large veggie burger with a very large portion of quinoa and kale! I also have a green apple for lunch.
For a snack it depends on how hungry I am that day. Sometimes I eat a KIND bar, some days it’s a Quest bar, or other days I eat carrots with hummus and some days I have two protein bars and veggies! What I eat for snacks varies each day depending on my workout or how I am feeling.
At night I also have popcorn that I make every single night! I bought a 50 pound bag of popcorn from Sam’s Club (yes, it really was 50 pounds!) and take a scoops of kernels and make them over the stove! Then I sprinkle sea salt over the popcorn and it tastes amazing!
Dinner changes a little bit everyday but my most common meal is my take on a burrito bowl. I will grill peppers, onions, and mushrooms and put this on a bed of black beans and a chopped up veggie burger. Then I put on dairy free cheese, guac, and drizzle with siracha. This meal is soooo good!
On the weekend’s I try to eat healthy, but I don’t go out of my way to do so. I relax with my diet a little bit more. When it comes to cheat meals I’m not really a sweets person, but prefer anything fried! I love sweet potato fries or onion rings and I will usually get a large order of either for my cheat meal.
Chuck does have a sweet tooth (even though he’s in denial of it!) so sometimes I will make sure his donuts or scones aren’t posinious;).
I do workout for an hour 4-5 times a week and it’s usually at the gym in Nashville I go to each morning. I don’t count calories, but for the purpose of this blog post I did rough estimate of all the food I ate and it comes to around 2,000 calories a day.
What did you guys think of today’s blog post?! I would love to hear what your cheat meal in the comments below.
Thank you for stopping by B&C!
SHOP MY POST
Jane Davidson | Typically Jane says
I was vegetarian and vegan for Adecade or more and then havent been for the past few years. Im toying with the idea of doing it again. It was so kich easier for me to eat healthy! This daily menu looks so good!