The dreaded jean hunt. I have always had a hard time finding the perfect jeans for my body type. They are either to tight, don’t hit me in the right places, or aren’t long enough. Plus, there are so many choices out there! So, where do you start? Below I have listed some simple tips to finding your perfect pair of jeans!
1. Know your body type. EveryBODY is unique and beautiful. Jeans that work great for one person, may not be the best fit (no pun intended) for you and that is OK! Back in high school I wanted desperately to wear Hollister jeans (at the time this was the cool thing to do) but I couldn’t. I was not built for the way that they design their jeans. I was so upset because I would see all my friends look fantastic in them, but I could barely fit into them. My mom had to explain to me that just because I didn’t fit into a certain brand of jean does not make me any better or worse than the girl who could wear them (she always has amazing advice). She told me I was just looking in the wrong store. Sure enough, as soon as I understood my body type I started looking at stores that catered to my particular frame.
2. STOP focusing on the size and START focusing on the fit. In my continuous hunt for great jeans I have worn jeans ranging from four sizes bigger than my average to jeans two sizes smaller than my average. The take away here is to not get to caught up on what the tag says. You may miss out on a fantastic pair of jeans because you can’t get over what the tag says. My philosophy is that the companies are going to size their jeans however they want and that is not a reflection on myself. I will remain confident in my body and refuse to feel bad about myself just because some company decided to size their jeans differently.
3. Jeans will always be on trend, so don’t worry about the style. Some women look great in boot cut while others look great in skinny jeans. If something doesn’t work well with your shape ditch it and move on to another trend!
4. Bring a trusted friend. I know at times I can be my harshest critic so it helps when I bring a friend who can shed some perspective when I get in these moods.
5. Once you find a store which caters to your body stock up! For me that “go to” store is Gap. I also have found that Joe’s Jeans also fit really nicely with my body but this brand is on the higher end, so usually I have to budget for a few months and then purchase a pair. I do believe in investing in a great pair of jeans since they are a staple in any women’s closet.
I hope these tips help you find a great pair of jeans you can wear over and over again! Thanks so much for stopping by:)