I have officially been blogging for a month (where does the time go?!) and I thought you have seen my clothing but you don’t know to many personal things about me (not cool!). So here are 21 things you might not know!
1. I have been a vegetarian for 2.5 years now. I tried out the new diet to support my mom for a month in 2012 and at the end of the month I felt amazing so I have kept with it!
2. I am a serious dog lover. I want a dog so badly but Chuck and I log some serious work hours during the week so we are planning on waiting a few years (that doesn’t mean I don’t ask him all the time about getting one!).
3. I am an introvert. Just thinking about being the center of attention makes me nervous. When I thought about starting a blog the one thing that made me super nervous was being in front of the camera, and I am still learning to get comfortable there! My love for sharing style tips always helps overcome this personality trait!
4. I don’t understand the need for women to have a “thigh gap.” I honestly didn’t even know that was a thing until a few months ago.
5. It’s hard to tell how tall people are in pictures but I am 5’10, so when I am wearing heels I am well over 6 foot. I have learned to embrace my height (I used to despise how tall I am)!
6. My boyfriend is 6’7 so I can wear whatever heels I want and he will always be taller than me!
7. I swam for 12 years, including in college, and they are some of the best memories I have.
8. I have a serious addiction to Instagram (I know some of you can relate!). I just love looking at other people’s pictures and how creative people can be. I get inspired daily by the pictures I see.
9. Instagram is actually what gave me the idea to start a blog. I saw so many women’s beautiful pages and they had blogs (I had no idea what that was at the time!) and fell in love with the entire concept of blogging.
10. I am always experimenting with my hair color. I think I have been every color under the sun, but I have kept my hair style the same for years (go figure!).
11. My weakness is donuts. If someone puts a donut in front of me I don’t have any self control.
12. My favorite author is Jody Picoult. I love how her books always have twists and turns you would never expect.
13. I am super close with my sister Maya. I call her my mini me because we look so much alike. She has the best personality and is always making me laugh with her sense of humor (and she always has my back no matter what!).
14. My addiction to coffee is ridiculous. My favorite is Starbucks (are you allowed to NOT like Starbucks if you live in the Seattle area?!) and Peet’s dark roast coffee. I drink it black, and if I am really feeling crazy I will put cinnamon in it.
15. Nothing makes me feel more put together then when I have my nails painted. I don’t know why, I just love looking down and having my nails looking great!
16. I recently discovered hot yoga and it’s my favorite thing to do after an exceptionally stressful week.
17. Working out is how I recharge.
18. In another life I want to be a ballerina (one of my friends in the Army used to be one!)
19. I am a morning person, and go to bed super early. My friends joke with me all the time and say I act like an old lady. (I say the early bird gets the worm!)
20. I have a tendency to look to much in the future, and am constantly trying to live in the present.
21. I love this little creative space of mine and every moment I spend putting posts together!
Happy Thursday and thank you so much for reading!
P.S The girl taking my picture is my photographer Courtney and her husband James! She’ll do some funny things for a great photo;)